Carlton Chin, CFA
Carlton Chin, CFA has over 30 years of professional experience. He is registered as an investment advisor representative with Capital Preservation Advisors, LLC and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- In 1987, Mr. Chin received an S.M. in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), with a minor in Business – where he studied numerical simulation. He also holds an S.B from MIT in Mechanical Engineering, minor in Economics.
- From 1987 to 1993, Carlton worked as an actuary and investment consultant, specializing in asset allocation, for Kwasha Lipton, which was later purchased by PwC (PriceWaterhouseCoopers).
- From 1993 to 1996, Carlton was a portfolio manager and head of research at Mount Lucas Management, an alternative investment management firm specializing in quantitative investments.
- Since 1996, Carlton has been the Chief Investment Officer and head of research for CARAT Juroca LLC, a research consultant and “quant” investment manager. CARAT managed a globally diversified portfolio for Goldman Sachs’ and Commodities Corp.’s alternative investment portfolio.
- Since 2017, Carlton has been a part-time professor at Rowan University, teaching classes in Probability & Statistics, College Algebra and Pre-Calculus, with applications in business and company culture.
- In 2018, Carlton was Chief Investment Officer at Armbruster Capital of New York.
- Carlton has been quoted by the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Trader Magazine and Managed Account Reports.
- Carlton has served on several non-profit boards, is a varsity tennis coach, and was awarded MIT’s Volunteer Award.